Saturday, June 30, 2007

We just went on a walk into town via a shortcut through the villages…it was beautiful, and eye opening. I went with my roommate, Robert, who is from Kenya and actually lives in a village similar to the one we visited. It is great having him with me when I go into the villages not only to translate but to show me the proper way to interact with the culture. Robert is also a painter who sells his work to give to local orphanages and to support the local widows in his village. He has been such an inspiration to me on what it looks like to use what God has given you to bless others. The picture above was from the trip...Solomon is the boy in the picture who I am getting really close with. He speaks a little English, but not much...Robert is the guy in the backround. The highlights from this past week at the school would probably be Fred Rice from the Toronto Church talking about the renewal movement and the Father’s heart and Pastor Cheon from the Harvest Rock Church in LA talking about “The Call.” Both of these guys changed my thinking on two things I have been struggling with…the renewal movement and the prosperity doctrine. It seems like a small issue, but it has transformed my thinking on the Kingdom of God. Besides that, we were blessed to have Heidi for a few sessions before she had to travel for the weekend. The night of the first teaching she was admitted to the hospital with severe dehydration from dysintery (sp) conjunctivitis, and a fever and the next day she showed up to teach at 3…noone knows how she does it. She preached on the good samaratin and the focus and vision of the ministry. It put me in the dirt once again asking God to bring me further into that place of surrender. I hope you are all well...thanks for writing...it is making me miss home, but also encouraging me...bless you all!

1 comment:

Wesley said...

Steve,
We were praying for you last night, and i had a knowing that you were right in stride with what the church is going through. God is drawing us to Himself in radical ways. Many people are hearing the same thing. He wants us to just be with Him. He wants us to come to Him for Him. We are seeing that His core purpose is to be with us, and as He is with us His great commission (co-mission)will be a byproduct. We will be known as a church that is always in His Presence.

Until today i had only read your first blog, and when i read the rest of your blogs the "knowing" became more known.

Keep going Steve! Nothing in this universe even compares to being face to face with Him. Everything else is pointless without Him. He is so good it doesn't even make sense.

You are an amazing encouragement to us; thank you for keeping us in the loop.

wes