Tuesday, August 28, 2007

little road with a big truck...join in...little road with a big truck


there is a village up the hill...I promise...I hope they did not mind walking. the little girl you see to the right is a living miracle in many ways. She was taken from the floods because of such severe malnutrition...and brought to live with a pastor from Iris. She also has a degenerative disorder that requires her to only walk on one leg, and currently has an infection that goes to the bone. However, I never once caught her without a smile from one ear to the other. In her culture, it is everything to express yourself through dance which she cannot do like the other girls. yet, everytime the music comes on, she grabs her cane and bounces from side to side with the biggest smile out of all the girls. And you should hear her pray and watch the confidence on her face...this girl knows the lord in ways I am only crying out for. It makes me wonder what my cane looks like, and why I do not understand why God is really the only one I have in heaven. We are taking her back to Zambezia, to another IRIS center to be reunited with her family.

No comments: