Thursday, August 9, 2007

Bush or Bust

Hey everyone...I miss you like crazy!!!this will be a quickie...I just picked up some last minute things and am heading with my team to the beach to pray for the outreach to the bush…we leave at 8 tomorrow…2 a.m. your time. We just graduated last night with the pastors. I will never forget that day as long as I live. The service started at 11 and did not end until 730. We ate together…lots of hugging and praying over one another…and then the pastors sang songs from their provincial language. Mel Tari spoke a message of being a world changer and an earth shaker, and Heidi and Rolland prayed over us and commissioned us into the world to push back the boundaries of darkness and to be carriers of light and the Love of God. I have never felt so in the will of God before as I hugged pastors that could not understand what I was saying, but as we embraced, tears started to run down our face, because it was the language of heaven and the kingdom that we were communicating. And as I looked to God in the middle of the ceremony, I felt his freedom and Love like I never have. It was a freedom from striving for intimacy. I now understand why Jesus said…if you believe in me as the scriptures say, out of your heart will flow rivers of living water…I am starting to understand the simplicity of the gospel. It is about understanding the true context of scripture, which is, God wants our intimacy…our hearts…our minds…he created a way for us to be with him through Jesus and it has nothing to do with striving or anything to do with works. Yes we are coworkers and partners with God in the work of reconciliation…but we are also friends and sons and daughters of God which is flippin crazy…but I am going to be so foolish as to believe it. I pray that I carry this heart of Joy and inheritance out of Africa! Whew…ok…so we graduated and now I am going to the beach to pray…please pray for us…we are going to the bush, bush for two weeks into a part of Mozambique called Zambezi a. It will be the hardest thing I ever have done and I know I am not alone. We are going to a place that has had heavy spiritual warfare, natural disaster which left thousands dead and hutless, and people that have never heard the Gospel or have heard of Jesus. I am excited and I know it will be fun, but I want to be wise and ask for pray and covering. I am still a young in the area of spiritual warfare, but am learning. I think the main things to be praying for are the spirit of witchcraft, mockery, and alcoholism…that I have heard of. Also, I am sick and another kid has bad malaria. Pray anything else on your heart. I love you all, and am praying for you as well…I hear awesome stuff is happening and your hunger for God is increasing…more Lord!!! I cannot wait to be home! Blessings
Steve

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Hi precious brother! I just finished writing the last page in my journal and found that I wrote this prayer for you on June 6th. This is what I shared with our Abba: "I'm so excited for him (you!)- how his relationship with You is going to grow and blossom. How You are going to reveal Yourself as His Abba and write the truth upon his heart. How he is going to experience Your mercy and grace and compassion like never before. Abba, how You'll change his very character - Your Holy Spirit will be transforming him - so the next time I see him - he will look even more like Jesus :-)"
This is the Word that's on my heart for you from Proverbs 23:17-18:
Do not let your heart envy sinners, but ALWAYS BE ZEALOUS FOR THE FEAR OF THE LORD. There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.

AMEN!

Dave & Cindy said...

Hi Steve. We are praying for you and your awesome experiences in the Lord! Liz & Mickey were just here - Liz moves into our 3rd floor this week.

Dave & Cindy

Brian said...

Hi Steve-
I'm just getting around to reading your blog. I ran out of ADD medication and forgot where you were-but most of the time I think of you daily and pray for you when I remember to do so, after initially remembering that you're over there.
More seriously: The light in your life is shining across many more faces every day. The impact you have had on my life in the last few years has been immeasurable. The Lord is with you, this I know by the spirit in my heart. I read that you wish to hear the voice of God, to validate your visions... The tears on my face now- in this library, the truth in my heart that makes me yearn to know Jesus- this is a direct result of your work for the Lord. You have known me for 27 years-the changes that have occurred in my life because of your ministry are not dissimilar from opening deaf ears or closed eyes. I now see and hear because of Gods work through you.
I pray for your spirit, wisdom and faith dear Brother.

-Brian


PS, if you encounter any more drunken rock chuckers, I can get a plane ticket and be there in 4 days. Just send text message. (I'll ask for forgiveness later)

Matt said...

My Brother,

I cannot read your Blogs without tears running down my face. I think that I got three or four words in this time before they came.

I cannot imagine the depth of your graduation ceremony. My heart just soared(no pun intended...well mabye there was) to read of your interactions and your standing hugging a man who does not understand your language and knowing him. Your brother. Your joint heir. I am so overjoyed to be sharing this with you...even from a distance.

Your Father is with you...that much is obvious...more tears...

I (we) will be praying for your trip to the bush and that the jaw of the enemy will be crushed so that mockery cannot happen and no alcohol may be consumed. And the fleeting power of witchcraft will be blotted out by the light of Jesus. Lord give them sight!

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

You've been on my heart today, Steve.

This is the word I have for you from Acts 16:25-26: "About midnight, Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everybody's chains came loose."

Lord, lift Your Standard high before Steve and his brothers and sisters. Rise up, Dread Champion, and make a path where there's been none. Abba, we're asking for the captives to be set free in the bush bush. AMEN.

Steve, I believe that as you and the others lift up worship - just like Paul and Silas - that the doors to the jail will be thrown open and the prisoners released. I'm already praising with the angels for the souls in the bush bush who are coming into the Kingdom of God! Hallelujah!

sondrenched said...

though i have not commented til now. know that i continue to pray for your continued health and safety. but, more that the biggest miracle you would see in your time there would be in yourself. a breaking in you that could only come through this experience. may god bless you, protect you, guard you, empower you, to the glory of Himself. your'e inspiring us all brother.
peace. brian.