Monday, July 16, 2007

WOW, thank You so much for conintuing to keep in touch with me and for your prayers...I can feel the support as I go through the trials of being in a radically different environment, and Ryan getting in the dirt to pray...I am impressed...I love you all. I know I am rattling off lots of things on this thing, mainly because there is so much in my heart and mind and I sort of just start typing. I want to be a little more intentional today and talk about what it takes to kill and skin a goat. j/k...but we do have one behind the house...it kept me all night. My roomate found out it was pregnant so we have to exchange it...he is a merciful guy. Anyways I thought you might be interested in who else is at this school. We have about 80 students and have about 20 countries represented. There are also some Iris staff and some older Mozambican pastors that have joined the school as well as some visitors that sneek in. I have been blessed to be around these saints for the last 2 months. It is also nice to see what God is doing in the rest of the world...mostly the same thing...INTIMACY!!! These people are some of the most desparate and in love people I have ever met. We have som bizarre calls to the dirt in the ministry times. For example, after Mattais from Holland spoke about ministering to Al Queda and going into the darkest places in the world for Jesus, I think 90% of the school felt led to recieve the call. I am so humbled to be with them...and challenged, but never condemned. Most of them operate out of the theology of Intimacy, passion, and compassion and calling birthed out of relationship with God. If miracles or prophesy ever start to be more of a focus than the Love God has for us and the father-son reltaionship...someone will always point it out. Rolland just finished his last message before he boarded the plane for two weeks and this is what he said: "There is a reason I do not talk to you about missions or miracles or healings, prophecy and is because if you do not understand how much God just wants to hang out with you and how he wants you to do everything with Joy in your heart than nothing else is worth doing." I am starting to get it...I didn't not come here to learn about miracles or how to pray for healing...I came here to learn how to love others the way God has loved me...there is a nun with us for the rest of the school...I love her...she gets drunk in the spirit all the time...it is hilarious...you need to see a nun fall on the ground laughing if you never have. Anyways, she prayed for me today and every pressure of being here and feeling like I need to get something fell off. It was awesome!!! I love God so much...I cannot wait to see you all again! Oh, and I am sorry if google is sending you stuff...I didn't realize they do that.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

This was the most awesomest blog yet, it makes my heart burn!!!

God has revealed to both of us that there is nothing more important than being with Him, loving people as He does, and depending on him especially through prayer!

I love it!!!

He loves us, He really loves us, all the time, 100% no matter what, and He wants to be with us so much, more than anything, its all about relationship to Him.

Everything else we get so caught up on is just a product of that relationship.

Live in the Eternal, not the temporal, its much more fun.

Love you brother, miss you!